OCAI Use for Organizations
The OCAI online culture assessment will provide you with the following:
- Insight in the dominant culture of your organization
- Insight in how market-focused, hierarchical, personal and/or innovative your organization works
- An indication of change-readiness by assessing the difference between current and preferred culture
- A quick and easy point of comparison before and after reengineering, change, or merger
- A clear image of the preferred culture as a starting point for change
- Awareness of culture as an important factor in success
- An objective and validated measure of how culture is perceived, which is a starting point for change
Research shows that organizational culture is “the difference that makes the difference”—it is the reason why 70 percent of all mergers and reorganizations fail. The powerful cultural factor is really not as “vague” as prejudice would have it. Culture is usually experienced as obvious: people are not aware of their workplace culture. That’s why a description of culture is not easy, while changing culture is even harder. The OCAI provides a starting point to both: becoming aware of current culture and finding what could be changed to evolve toward a preferred culture.
The typology of four archetypes of culture is easy to understand and remember - it provides a handy, shared reference that helps people see their culture. It is a first step. OCAI offers you some grip to actually start changing; what direction are we taking? With the OCAI Work Kit that OCAI Online offers with paid accounts, you also have a step-by-step manual to fully utilize this approach.
Use the OCAI method with its clear advantages for diagnosing and changing culture:
- It’s focused: it measures the six key dimensions that make a difference in success.
- It’s timely: both assessing and developing a change strategy can be accomplished in a reasonable period.
- It’s involving: either by including all staff or those who give direction and guide change.
- It’s quantitative: providing measurement from the test, completed by qualitative information during the process of discussing and working with the results to establish the desired changes.
- It’s manageable: it can be done by a (management) team; no outside experts are needed. But of course, you can hire your favorite consultant to help you guide the process!
- It is valid: not only do people recognize their outcomes, but the OCAI is also validated and has a verified foundation.
Give OCAI One a try!
In our Downloads section, you can find a general OCAI leaflet and more information.